Adomnán of Iona (Adomnan) Saint
lived c. 625 - 704
Adomnán was the abbot of Iona, and is best known for writing the vita of Iona’s founder, St. Columba. He was also a statesman and canon lawyer, and helped convince the Irish to adopt the Roman dating of Easter.
OMSB Records by Adomnán of Iona
- Meehan, Denis, trans., De Locis Sanctis (Scriptores Latini Hiberniae 3. Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 1958).
- Anderson, Alan Orr; Anderson, Marjorie Ogilvie, Adomnan's Life of Columba (Oxford Medieval Texts. Oxford. Clarendon Press, 1961 [RPT 1991).
- Reeves, William, ed., Life of Saint Columba, Founder of Hy (Edinburgh: Edmonston and Douglas, 1874).
- MacPherson, James Rose, trans., The Pilgrimage of Arculf in the Holy Land, about the year A.D. 670 (London: Palestine Pilgrims' Text Society, 1895).
- Heist, W. W., ed., "Narratio de S. Columba Abbate Hinesi" in Vitae Sanctorum Hiberniae (Bruxelles: Société des Bollandistes, pp. 112-113, 1965).
- Sharpe, Richard, trans., Life of St. Columba (New York: Penguin Classics, 1995).